As the wind begins to blow a little bit cooler, many of us are anxious to break out the comfy sweaters, hot apple cider and scented candles galore. At Verve, we want to hang onto that last morsel of summer just a little longer. That’s why we’ve put together a mouth-watering ice cream road trip (touring the communities our branches are located in) filled with everyone’s* summer favorite—ICE CREAM. As a bonus, it’s a great way to take in the fall colors, too! *Everyone except our lactose intolerant and dairy-allergy friends. Sorry guys.
For our Northeast Wisconsin members
- Oshkosh—Leon’s Frozen Custard and Ardy and Ed’s Drive In (because we couldn’t pick just one!) Two 1950s-themed drive-in restaurants offering car side service for their delectable frozen treats (and food too!).
- Neenah—Broken Tree Pizza and Ice Cream Shop Try out the wood-fired pizza and then top it off with some ice cream.
- Appleton—Vande Walle’s Candies While best known for their mouth-watering chocolates and candies, they make some super-sweet ice cream too.
- Sherwood—The Chubby Seagull Located just outside High Cliff State Park, the Chubby Seagull is a great place to grab some ice cream and play a round (or two) of mini golf.
- Brillion—Scoops Ice Cream House (Chilton) Featuring homemade waffle cones and ice cream, choose from 16 sweet flavors, a variety of sundaes and ice cream creations, or handcrafted coffee beverages.
- Two Rivers—Scream ‘N Conuts Try Cedar Crest ice cream in a cone, or better yet, a conut. What’s a conut you may ask? A delicious combination of ice cream and a donut.
- Fond du Lac—Kelley Country Creamery (Eden) Kelley’s is also affectionately known as, “the best ice cream in the middle of nowhere” and we agree! You can even watch the ice cream being made and a see the dairy farm from the ice cream parlor.
For our Western Wisconsin members
- Onalaska—Ranison Ice Cream and Candy (La Crosse) Since 1933, this local gem has been serving up 60 different ice cream flavors that you can get in a cone, dish, shake, malt or even half-gallon cartons to take home.
- La Crosse—The Pearl Ice Cream Parlor Features a walk-up window and curbside service (and a museum-like atmosphere inside) to serve up their made-from-scratch fountain sodas, malts, decadent chocolates and homemade ice cream.
For our Illinois (Chicago) members
- Lickity Split—Visit both locations of this old-time ice cream parlor to enjoy frozen candy, retro candy and locally-sourced pastries and coffee.
- George’s Ice Cream & Sweets—A welcoming atmosphere, great conversations and delicious ice cream, cakes, candy and coffee, all homemade or locally-sourced.
- FRÍO Gelato—This gelato and sorbet shop serves up a taste of Argentina with an emphasis on being allergy-friendly and serving up truly unique desserts.
- Scooter’s Frozen Custard—A Chicago-based custard shop that sources its milk from Wisconsin? Count us in! Swing by the walk-up window or front counter to get a scoop or two.
- The Freeze—Soft-serve ice cream and a burger? You don’t have to ask us twice! Swing by the window to order something sweet from this Logan Square favorite.