November 26 is Small Business Saturday®, a day dedicated to supporting small businesses across the country.
November 26 is Small Business Saturday®, a day dedicated to supporting small businesses across the country. Founded in 2010, this day is celebrated each year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. To get the ball rolling for this big day of “shopping small,” Verve will be shining the spotlight on our business members on social media leading up to Small Business Saturday®.
Wondering how you can support small businesses, too? As a consumer, you can go shopping or dining at local small businesses, invite friends to shop with you or share on your social networks where you #ShopSmall. Find new small businesses in your community through the Shop Small Map at ShopSmallNow.com
Small businesses form the backbone of our economy. Facts from the Small Business Association show just how big a role small businesses play in our economy:
- 54% of U.S. sales happen at small businesses.
- Small businesses provide 55% of all jobs in America.
- They’ve provided 66% of all net new jobs since the 1970s.
The money you spend at small businesses has a local impact, too:
- One study found that, for every $100 spent at locally owned businesses, $68 stay in the local economy, helping make our community a better place to live, work and play.
- If you spent $100 at non-locally owned business, only $43 would stay in the local economy.
Spending at small businesses is a great way to touch the lives of people in our community and have a positive impact on the local economy.
We’re Thankful for our Strong Community
Supporting local businesses helps grow the economy from the ground up. That’s why Verve has provided over $117 million in loans to local businesses in 2016 through September, and that’s why we want to help out for Small Business Saturday®. The way we see it, there’s no better way to say thanks to our business members this holiday season than to help them grow. Watch for our business features on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter so you can show your support, too.