How to install the desktop app for mobile/desktop check deposit (for businesses)
Use the following instructions to use mobile/desktop check deposit for your business with a Panini Scanner.
- Download the new software: TWAIN 4.5
- This will download a compressed (zipped) folder to the location you choose on your computer (often your downloads).
- Right click on the zipped folder and select “Extract all.” Then choose where you would like the driver software files to be saved.
- Double-click on the extracted/unzipped file. Follow the on-screen instructions for installing the software on your computer. Note: To install the file, you will need to be an ADMIN on the computer you are using.
- Once the TWAIN driver is installed, open the Panini app on your computer to connect your Panini scanner to your desktop computer.
- Next, log in to Verve’s online banking , click on the mobile deposit widget on the left and download DeposZip app.
- This will open up the app store window on your computer (either Microsoft Store or Mac App Store). Click ‘Get’ in your app store window to download the app.
- After you have downloaded the app, go back into your online banking browser window and click ‘Open DepoZip App.’
- The DeposZip app will open in a separate screen. Click I ‘Add a New Deposit’ to get started.
- Click on ‘Scan’ and choose your Panini check scanner. Then click ‘OK.’
- On the next screen, make sure you enable ‘Front Image 1’ and ‘Rear Image 1.’ Do not use ‘Front Image 2’ or ‘Rear Image 2.’
- Next, run your checks through the scanner. They will show up on screen with the check amount and a green check mark to the right of the check images.
NOTE: Any TWAIN compliant scanner should be able to work with DeposZip software. You can see if your scanner is TWAIN Compliant by visiting the manufacturer’s website.
PLEASE NOTE: If you want others in your organization to use the Mobile/Desktop Check Deposit feature, the primary online banking user must add users in online banking and grant access to the feature.